Steve was born and raised in Kansas City, MO and grew up the youngest of 4 brothers. He is an avid gardener, and spends his time taming the quarter acre urban woodland down below his home in Morningside. He enjoys cycling, and currently rides 100 miles per week. He also enjoys reading books and articles on Macroeconomics, natural history, and gardening.
Steve’s favorite part of his job is doing the deeper research to understand ‘why’ and trying to understand and discern patterns. There is always more to the story (such as why some funds are highly rated but on paper have poor performance). Steve is responsible for all of the “behind the scenes” technical analysis for the Russell Clarke Team. He researches and monitors the mutual fund, ETF, stock and bond positions that are used in client portfolios.
- North Kansas City Public Schools
- University of Colorado, BA in economics
- University of Iowa, MS in Planning & Policy Analysis
Work History (post graduate school):
- Graduate Program in Planning & Policy Analysis at the University of Iowa (now the School of Planning & Public Affairs). Asked to stay and teach economic course sequence.
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Special Projects, Office of the Commissioner. Work with Army Corps of Engineers. Write commissioner’s speeches.
- Citizens & Southern Bank Holding Company, Corporate Planning, Office of the Executive Assistant to the Chairman/CEO. Work with divisions on plans. Monitor direction of industry during period of de-regulation.
- Oxford Books (Friday, Saturday & Sunday evenings). One of the happiest jobs I’ve ever had!
- Georgia Department of Human Resources, contract with Personnel Division. Project to revamp job classification and compensation.
- 17-year hiatus
- RXC Enterprises, a franchise of Ameriprise Financial. Research & portfolio allocation.
- RXC Enterprises, group within Benedetti Gucer & Associates. Research & portfolio allocation.